The ceremony will be outside on the front lawn of the Keeper's House at the St. Augustine Lighthouse and Maritime Museum. There is plenty of on site parking available. We sincerely ask that you please leave your phones and cameras behind for this portion of the day and stay fully present with us through this sacred ceremony. We'd love to have our special day for just our friends, our family, and God.
Also, after the ceremony there will be time for you to climb the Lighthouse and visit the Museum for free.
Recommended attire is winter formal.
Our reception will be indoors at the Parlor Room. The Parlor Room also has lots of on site parking. We will be having a cocktail style reception with delicious Spanish style Tapas, Beer, Wine, and lots of Dancing. Have some food, have a drink, dance and repeat. Relax, have fun, and celebrate the beginning of our life full of adventures with us! Stay as long or as short as you like as we will not be having a formal exit.
Flying in from out of town?
JAX Airport is a 1 hour drive to downtown Saint Augustine and is the recommended airport.
There are rental car options as well as shuttle options that run between JAX and St. Augustine.
Things to do while visiting
Saint Augustine has a rich history and has been a big part of our lives and relationship. We recommend adding some time to your visit to explore the city we love! You'll be visiting during the Nights of Lights and the city will be illuminated with millions of Christmas lights. We LOVE this time of year in St. Augustine. Here's our list of highlights for food and things to do:
0. Do a Trolley hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour- this is by far the best way to get around town and see all of the sights and learn the history of St. Augustine if you've never been before. With the tour you get coupons and free entrance to other attractions. Be sure to ask about the Nights of Lights tours for some holiday fun!
1. Saint Augustine Distillery - free tour will get you feeling pretty good! The Ice Plant restaurant attached to the distillery is also a great spot to eat and enjoy a craft cocktail.
2. San Sebastian Winery - Also has a free tour every hour Monday - Friday, and a lovely rooftop bar with live music open Thursday - Sunday. Vintners Red and their Sangria is our FAVORITE!
3. The Columbia- Sangria and Spanish food - must try the 1905 salad, built table side. One of our favorite date spots.
4. Taco Shop - While shopping on St. George Street stop in here for a quick bite try a Mexican UFO or super cheesy quesadilla! Open late for a midnight snack, one Elizabeth often had in her time living in town.
5. Flagler College - Tour the historic Ponce de Leon Hotel that is now home of Flagler College where Elizabeth started school and lived before transferring to UNF.
6. Try a Hyppo Popsicle- Even in December one of these popsicles is worth the stop. They use all fresh and unique ingredients Alejandro usually goes for anything banana.
7. The Alligator Farm - Here you can see so many alligators you will not know what to do, for extra fun, try out the zip line/ ropes course. It's a state of the art ropes course and nothing beats the experience of zip lining over hundreds of alligators. One of our first dates was here where Elizabeth zip-lined for the first time with lots of encouragement from Alejandro!
8. Fancy dinner? Llama - Peruvian food that will change the way you look at food. Must have the ceviche, and a reservation. We spent Valentines day here this year and can't wait to go back :)
9. Maple Street Biscuit Company - Southern comfort food for super filling breakfast! Try Elizabeth's favorite - the Squacking Goat or Alejandro's favorite - the Iron Goat with an Egg.
10. The Beach - Even in December sometimes we get nice beach days. If its too cold for tanning, visit anyways, and look for sharks teeth and other fun beach finds. Elizabeth and her Maid of Honor Lindsey lived on the beach back in college and found dozens of sharks teeth while walking along the beach and chatting. If you're looking for some beachy food Mango Mangos is a favorite or try Salt Life.